The Somalia Security & Justice Hub (SOMHUB), created in 2019, seeks to contribute to collective learning and knowledge management by actors working on security and justice in Somalia, and to inform policy and legislative reform on policing, police accountability and justice sector development based on lessons learned from community-based interventions.
The specific goals of the Hub include the following:
- Provide easy and dynamic access to timely information relevant to security and justice programmes
- Promote cross-organisational learning on security and justice
- Improve coordination and collaboration among security and justice practitioners
- Avoid overlap and duplication in programme development and implementation
- Help to establish and promote best practices
- Preserve knowledge and learning for further interventions.